Make a Difference in Your Community! Since 1981, 211 LA County has been a leader in the Information and Referral industry by providing access to comprehensive social services and disaster support for Los Angeles County residents, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week to over 28,000 health and human service programs.
NOTE: The position is conducted remotely during COVID-19, but will resume on site services once it is safe to do so.
The Operations Support Supervisor’s role is to oversee the Help Desk and Workforce Management staff to ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance and support. The Operations Support Supervisor will also contribute to problem resolution by giving remote, in-person, hands-on support to end users at the desktop level. This role will be critical in our security management, hardware inventory, and other projects that support the operation. Strong project management, communication, and organizational skills are critical to the success of the position.
- Establish and enforce Help Desk service level agreements in consultation with end users to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Analyze performance of Help Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Oversee system credential management.
- Retain HIPAA compliance through continual review, update and implementation cycle of relevant policies.
- Maintain hardware and software infrastructure through management of support/licensing renewals and product life cycles.
- Manage intraday and weekly staff plan in partnership with the Workforce Coordinator.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and/or procure Help Desk software for internal staff and external clients.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of help desk technology procurement and development efforts. Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies, oversee installation, and resolve adaptation issues.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Help Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Assess the need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users. Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of help desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Audit, update and maintain IVR programming for an optimal contact experience that is contemporary and topical with current needs.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the supervision of a technical support team.
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliverables.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred of equivalent experience
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision and Chiropractic/Acupuncture Coverage.
- 401(k) Plan; with 4% Employer Contribution (After 1 Year of Employment).
- Employer Sponsored Basic Life Insurance.
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Voluntary Pet Insurance (VPI).
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Account.
- Voluntary Legal & ID Theft Services.
Salary is commensurate with prior experience, education, and abilities.
You must have:
- Solid internet connection (50 Mbps)
- Quiet space without distractions
- Must be able to work independently and get the job done
As a 211 LA County Operations Support Supervisor you will be regularly required to work at a desk, conference table and work at a computer for extended periods of time. You will be frequently required to walk and sit and occasionally required to stand. You will be regularly required to work in an indoor climate controlled environment with moderate noise levels. You will be occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted. You may be occasionally required to drive to locations to attend meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to: work in an environment with office machines, and to travel to off site locations for meetings or other agency business.
VETERANS OR FORMER MILITARY WELCOMED
211 LA County is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. 211 LA County strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military status, or genetic information. This applies to all stages of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
211 LA County complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Consistent with those requirements, 211 LA County will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. 211 LA County will also provide reasonable accommodations for an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or practices, unless doing so will not create an undue hardship. 211 LA County prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim or cooperating in related investigations.