Work Remotely at 211 LA!
Since 1981, 211 LA has been a non-profit leader engaging vulnerable populations and making critical service connections, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. We work in close collaboration with government and other community-based organizations and design and create the technology that enables us to do this reliably and securely. 211 LA is a trusted source of information supporting over 500,000 requests for service from residents throughout Los Angeles County.
NOTE: Hybrid work schedule (combines on-premise and remote)
The responsibilities involve a wide range of support activities inside our HR department, from coordinating interviews to maintaining our employee database to posting job ads. An important part of this role will be to manage leave of absences and act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Manager through proactively managing Google calendars, answering phones and maintaining paper and electronic files for the Human Resources department.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as FMLA leave of absences, short term disability claims, staffing, recruitment training, performance evaluations, and classifications.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for authorized persons and organizations.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
- Assist HR team with the hiring process, including submitting job postings online, scheduling candidate interviews and employee reference checks.
- Process and review employment applications in order to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants and refer them to hiring personnel.
- Phone screen job applicants to obtain and verify information used to screen and evaluate them.
- Inform job applicants of their acceptance or rejection of employment.
- Partner and support the Human Resources Manager with the preparation for new hires joining the company, including such things as IT set-up, payroll set-up, completion of new hire paperwork, and new hire introductory emails.
- Coordinate logistics for new hire orientations and employee training sessions, including creation of benefits packets, new hire orientation packets and exit packets
- Serve as a contact for new hires throughout the on-boarding process and answer questions regarding HR programs, policies, resources and procedures.
- Assist in arranging for in-house and external training activities.
- Offer help in the evolution of current or new employee recognition and engagement programs.
- Serves as a wellness champion, creates weekly wellness newsletter to improve the health and culture of the workplace.
- Perform other duties and assignments in accordance with established Agency mission and values.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Ability to work well under pressure, exercise good judgment and perform daily duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interpret and apply knowledge of State, Federal and Agency standards to comply with regulations.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality in correspondence and information shared.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Excellent listening, face to face, and verbal communication skills; friendly, approachable, and professional customer service attitude.
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to read, write, and comprehend in order to effectively edit work by proofing for spelling and grammar; present numerical data effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; uses time efficiently in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages, and economic backgrounds.
- Comfortable preparing, delivering, and continuously improving presentations and public speaking and training skills.
- Ability to work in group settings; collaborative teamwork.
- Effective and comprehensive computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Docs or equivalent (Word, basic Excel, PowerPoint); including the ability to use or adapt to new computer programs, software, equipment, and/or hardware.
- Experience with BambooHR and ADP; creating and preparing reports.
- Ability to remain available for undetermined scheduling to respond to county emergency response in the event of an unforeseen emergency or disaster.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative role preferred, and
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience using Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience desired.
You must have:
- Solid internet connection (50 MBPS)
- Quiet space without distractions
- Must be able to work independently and get the job done
Annual salary is commensurate with prior experience, education, and abilities.
As a 211 LA Human Resources Assistant you will be regularly required to work at a desk, conference table and work at a computer for extended periods of time. You will be frequently required to walk and sit and occasionally required to stand. You will be regularly required to work in an indoor climate controlled environment with moderate noise levels. You will be occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds unassisted. You may be occasionally required to drive to locations to attend meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to: work in an environment with office machines, and to travel to off site locations for meetings or other agency business.
VETERANS OR FORMER MILITARY WELCOMED
211 LA is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. 211 LA strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military status, or genetic information. This applies to all stages of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
211 LA complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Consistent with those requirements, 211 LA will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. 211 LA will also provide reasonable accommodations for an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or practices, unless doing so will not create an undue hardship. 211 LA prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim or cooperating in related investigations.
Hybrid work schedule (combines on-premise and remote)